Brake Noises – Squeaks & Grinding
Brakes are often overlooked when it comes to keeping an eye on them to ensure that they are replaced in proper intervals. Fortunately, many braking systems have safety measures to ensure you get them replaced, such as a loud squeak as you press your brakes. These are often signs that your brakes need to be replaced. If your car doesn’t have this or a brake light then you might be feeling a grinding sound and feeling – this is when your brake pad material has worn down and you’re actually grinding metal into the rotor. If this is your case, you need to bring your car in immediately to our repair center in Palm Bay before you cause serious damage or danger to anyone.
You should bring your car in for brake service if you’re witnessing any of the following:
- Any squeaks or grinding.
- Any burning odor, brakes have a distinct smell, nothing like gas, oil, or coolant burning.
- A hard pedal or a squishy pedal.
- Shuddering or vibrations in your steering wheel while braking.
- Rusting or flaking in your brakes or rotors.
- Pedal sinking to the floor (very dangerous! visit a shop immediately)
Call us to schedule an appointment today!